• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Can't find the Developer essay exam on Pearson's site

• Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello all,

since this is my first post, I would like to thank you all for this amazingly helpful forum. It is the number one destination (at least for me) for every question regarding the Java Developer Exam.

I was planning to give the essay around July. I have already read that if we want to obtain the exam, we must do it from Pearson's site. The problem is that when I go their page where they have all Oracle available tests, I can't find the essay exam (the code for the essay is 1Z0-856). Why so? Could it be because of the transition phase? Or maybe there is something else that I do not understand?

Thanks a lot in advance guys..

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Seems to be a common problem nowadays, because it was already mentioned here and here. So I would try the advice that's given in these threads, because it was already fixed once

Ranch Hand
Java ME Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi, this is because you need following :

1. Contact us (at suncert_ww@oracle.com) to request a voucher that will allow you to submit the assignment.
2. Create a Pearson VUE web account at pearsonvue.com/oracle if you do not already have one.
3. Access the assignment online at pearsonvue.com/oracle, using test number 1Z0-848 for the Architect assignment and 1Z0-844 for the Developer assignment.
4. Using your voucher code to access one of these tests will place you into a special form of the assignment where you can upload your completed work.
5. You will not be eligible to register for the essay until you have submitted your assignment.

In pearson vue wiil be available the essay exam since 1 june.

Regards, and remember you can write at suncert_ww@oracle.com and request a answer about all your doubts

Panagiotis Kalogeropoulos
Rancher
Netbeans IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for the response guys,

I have already sent a mail at suncert_ww@oracle.com asking them about the situation. As long as I get an answer, I will post it.

Greenhorn
Firefox Browser MySQL Database BSD
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Same here... I cannot tell you how I hate Oracle. Instead of studying for the Enterprise Architect certification, I'm loosing my time to find out how to schedule the essay exam and writing emails about administration problems.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

John Oconnor wrote:Hi, this is because you need following :

1. Contact us (at suncert_ww@oracle.com) to request a voucher that will allow you to submit the assignment.
2. Create a Pearson VUE web account at pearsonvue.com/oracle if you do not already have one.
3. Access the assignment online at pearsonvue.com/oracle, using test number 1Z0-848 for the Architect assignment and 1Z0-844 for the Developer assignment.
4. Using your voucher code to access one of these tests will place you into a special form of the assignment where you can upload your completed work.
5. You will not be eligible to register for the essay until you have submitted your assignment.

Hi John,

I purchased SCJD assignment on 05 May from Prometric. I currently have a voucher for the SCJD essay exam but I cannot schedule essay exam from Pearson Vue, system stated that I have to submit the assignment first. Does it mean that I also have to follow your above instructions?

Thank you.

Rancher
Netbeans IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I just got the answer from Oracle. Here it is:

Assignment purchase and submission is temporarily on hold while we ramp up our new system for submission. Candidates will be able to begin submitting assignments again on June 1, 2011. On June 1, please follow the steps below:

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
OCP Team

So I believe that by June 1, we will be able to schedule the essay exam normally from Pearson Vue...

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Hau Nguyen wrote:I purchased SCJD assignment on 05 May from Prometric. I currently have a voucher for the SCJD essay exam but I cannot schedule essay exam from Pearson Vue, system stated that I have to submit the assignment first. Does it mean that I also have to follow your above instructions?

Yes, because from June 1, Pearson VUE is the test delivery partner of Oracle. So just be patient for a couple of days and then you'll be able to create your web account, submit the assignment and then you can schedule the essay exam.

Good luck!

Hau Nguyen
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Roel De Nijs wrote:Yes, because from June 1, Pearson VUE is the test delivery partner of Oracle. So just be patient for a couple of days and then you'll be able to create your web account, submit the assignment and then you can schedule the essay exam.

Good luck!

Thank you very much Roel.

Gabor Kovesdan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Has somebody successfully uploaded the assignment? I got an email that says "Practice Questions Voucher". Is this for the submission? Inside the email it only says that I can use this voucher for sample questions but it doesn't say anything about the assignment. And of course, they haven't answered my original email, they just sent me this. These people are crazy. I'm wondering if they are only ignorant or they want us not to get the cert before the requirement change so that we pay for the course. I think it's quite unfair what they are doing. They would deserve that someone filed a class action lawsuit because there are lots of people affected...

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Same here... I cannot tell you how I hate Oracle. ...

So do I, this company are whole in a mess

John Oconnor
Ranch Hand
Java ME Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Gabor Kovesdan wrote:Has somebody successfully uploaded the assignment? .....

Hi,

I am send 2 mails to suncert_ww@oracle.com because the 1 june was yesterday, but stiill I am waiting.........for response.

Anybody have a response for sent your asignment?

Regards

Gabor Kovesdan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I tried with the voucher and the exam code 1Z0-844 how they explained. The voucher I received does not validate. I'll send them a mail again but I'm getting very tired of this... If someone succeeded, please let us know!

Chih-Ming Ho
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Does anybody get a voucher after requesting by email? I do not get a voucher from oracle. I am tired and frustrated too.

John Oconnor
Ranch Hand
Java ME Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Chih-Ming Ho wrote:Does anybody get a voucher after requesting by email? I do not get a voucher from oracle. I am tired and frustrated too.

Hey men! (like David Boowie)
I have a Response from Oracle for SCJD/OCMJD today!!!:

Thanks for contacting Oracle Certification Program.

You will have to upload the assignment and then register for the Java Standard Edition 6 Developer Certified Master Essay Exam (Step 2 of 2) - 1Z0-856. Please email us the assignment purchase confirmation details received from Prometric, so that we can provide you the voucher to upload the assignment at the earliest.

Regads and I hope all can find the some solution in your inbox mail

Rancher
Netbeans IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
So, if I understood correctly, you will have to upload the assignment first, then take the essay exam. Hmmm.... The fact is that if you try to make an appointment for the essay exam on Pearson's site there is nowhere a message or anything else that tells you that you must upload the assignment first. So I could easily make an appointment, take the essay exam, and upload the assignment later. Maybe I didn't understand or missed something from this process but I am a bit confused (scratching my head.... ). Just to play it safe I will ask for a voucher first as John did (which is also said in our responses from Oracle) and then do all the rest....

Gabor Kovesdan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Heh, I got the same answer but I don't have purchase confirmation from Prometric because I had an exam voucher and they sent me a replacement voucher to download the assignment... It seems like the process is different for each case... Nice.

John Oconnor
Ranch Hand
Java ME Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
A bad news!

I have tried pay me SCJD/OCMJD in Pearson Vue, via 1Z0-856: Java Standard Edition 6 Developer Certified Master Essay Exam (Step 2 of 2) to can take my essay exam, BUT how Pearson VUE not know about my first payment when I have take the SCJD(first part ,obtain the SCJD certification. Part 1 (exam 310-252A) ), (when still was not use PEARSON VUE ) a nicely pop-up show a messages that says :
Oracle Certification Program policy requires that a 1Z0-855 or 1Z0-844 exam be graded before registration for exam 1Z0-856 is allowed

How this is posible?!!! ORACLE not know about migration ?!?!.

how many people is in some or similar condition how I? , could be add a especial exam for people that still have to make the essay exam .and take the Assignment when Pearson Vue do not was used by Oracle

Please SUN return!!! .

Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Please email us the assignment purchase confirmation details received from Prometric, so that we can provide you the voucher to upload the assignment at the earliest.

Where do I find this information? The site https://ibt1.prometric.com/sun does not exist anymore.
What info they want exactly?

Rancher
Netbeans IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
When you bought the assignment, in the receipt page there is an authorization code. I believe that this is something that we have to send to Oracle to verify the purchase, although I am not 100% sure if it needs anything else too. The problem is that in order to see that page you would have to enter the Prometric site (and go to the Review Scores page to be more precise), which now does not work. Unless you have print the page or saved it somewhere (lucky me....). I do not know what else you can send them to verify that you have actually bought the assignment. Any further info will be appreciated..

John Oconnor
Ranch Hand
Java ME Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Pan Kalogerop wrote:When you bought the assignment, in the receipt page there is an authorization code. I believe that this is something that we have to send to Oracle to verify the purchase, although I am not 100% sure if it needs anything else too. The problem is that in order to see that page you would have to enter the Prometric site (and go to the Review Scores page to be more precise), which now does not work. Unless you have print the page or saved it somewhere (lucky me....). I do not know what else you can send them to verify that you have actually bought the assignment. Any further info will be appreciated..

yes, fortunately, before 1 June , I have take print screens on prometric about my SCJD Assignment, but now Oracle not response.
I am very very concerned, also, how this is posible, I want take my essay exam before 31 May, but from Oracle, the response was wait until 1 June, but now, I have not access for Certification Database, and Prometric ( do not exist more) , Oracle, how can made now???!!! they lose all my history!.

[edit] using offensive language will help nobody

Chih-Ming Ho
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I have printed my assignment purchase confirmation from ibt prometic, last weekend. Today I go to the ibt prometic web page I can not find the oracle link....They remove it away so fast that there is not enough time for some people to print their assignment purchase confirmation.

John Oconnor
Ranch Hand
Java ME Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi, newly I here.

Today I have obtain a voucher number from oracle to upload my assignment in PearsonVue, where is indicate read the next information for obtain more help about how use the voucher number, or uplad the assignmen: http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=451#3a, copy bellow my situation hoy says education oracle web page:

I already returned my completed Assignment to Oracle via email, but I haven’t done the Essay yet. What do I need to do?

Follow these steps to establish your Pearson VUE account. You will need to upload the Assignment again, online, to Pearson VUE. This is required to establish your identity in the online grading system and to create your eligibility for the Essay. We appreciate your understanding.

1. Contact suncert_ww@oracle.com to get a voucher that can be used to resubmit the Assignment at Pearson VUE
2. If you don’t have one yet, create a Pearson VUE web account at pearsonvue.com/oracle; make sure to use your Oracle Testing ID (previously Prometric ID) to set up your Pearson VUE web account.
3. Using the voucher, access the Assignment online at pearsonvue.com/oracle by selecting one of the below test numbers from the available Assignments
4. Your voucher will give you access to a special form of the Assignment, where you can upload your completed work.
5. After uploading your Assignment, you will be able to schedule and take the proctored Essay exam at a PearsonVue Testing Center.
6. When the grading is complete, you will be notified by email and your result will be available at certview.oracle.com. This process usually takes 3-4 weeks from the completion of your Essay.
7. Detailed feedback for a Failed score can be found at http://www.pearsonvue.com/oracle, where you will be able to view your Score Report and see the Assessor’s evaluation for each section.

Test Number Name

1Z0-848 Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Certified Master Assignment (T1)

1Z0-844 Java Standard Edition 6 Developer Certified Master Assignment (T1)

The problem now, is that I go to Pearson Vue, I can not have the test number 1Z0-844 for upload my assignment.
jejeje ,
Also from Oracle the response about history in Pearson Vue , was that theys are worked but in middle June all situation will be finished, and all information are available in Pearson Vue.

This is all for now!
Regards

Gabor Kovesdan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

John Oconnor wrote:
The problem now, is that I go to Pearson Vue, I can not have the test number 1Z0-844 for upload my assignment.
jejeje ,
Also from Oracle the response about history in Pearson Vue , was that theys are worked but in middle June all situation will be finished, and all information are available in Pearson Vue.

Do you mean that you cannot find it? It is under the Master Assignments link at the bottom of the page. Don't use the panel at the right to log in but click at Master Assignments at the bottom and it will take you to the login page. I found it in this way but my problem is that I don't have a voucher for submission. Have you got it today or when did they reply?

John Oconnor
Ranch Hand
Java ME Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Gabor Kovesdan wrote:It is under the Master Assignments link at the bottom of the page. Don't use the panel at the right to log in but click at Master Assignments at the bottom and it will take you to the login page.

Eh? how , where? I cant find the exam, in Vendor Transition Faq Page, there is the exam, but not is a link like 1Z0-867
Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Certified Master Assignment, is only plain text.
Also in Pearson Vue the test 1Z0-844 Java Standard Edition 6 Developer Certified Master Assignment (T1) still not appears

Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
I found it in this way but my problem is that I don't have a voucher for submission. Have you got it today or when did they reply?

I think that you will have write to suncert_ww@oracle.com for obtain your voucher for can take the essay and upload the assignment in pearson Vue

Regards

Gabor Kovesdan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

John Oconnor wrote:

Eh? how , where? I cant find the exam, in Vendor Transition Faq Page, there is the exam, but not is a link like 1Z0-867
Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Certified Master Assignment, is only plain text.

Go to www.pearsonvue.com, select IT and Oracle. Down click on antyhing in the navigation menu at the right-hand side but scroll down. Select Master Assignments and you will be redirected to the login page and after login, you will see a different list of exams.

John Oconnor wrote:
I think that you will have write to suncert_ww@oracle.com for obtain your voucher for can take the essay and upload the assignment in pearson Vue

Yeah, thanks, I've already done that but they ask the purchase confirmation, which I don't have because of their fault. I had a 40% discount voucher, which they asked and they gave me a full assignment voucher so I didn't have to pay for the assignment. I never tried to abuse, it was their fault. But now it's complicated... I don't know how they will resolve this a posteriori.

John Oconnor
Ranch Hand
Java ME Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
OK, now i have find the exam,

the cost is 300U$S, how much is the essay? was 125 U$S???

Regards

Gabor Kovesdan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

John Oconnor wrote:OK, now i have find the exam,

the cost is 300U$S, how much is the essay? was 125 U$S???

You are supposed to "pay" with the submission voucher, aren't you? As for the essay, I don't know. You should check it there. You may have to log out and log in again for proctored exams.

John Oconnor
Ranch Hand
Java ME Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
You are supposed to "pay" with the submission voucher, aren't you? As for the essay, I don't know. You should check it there. You may have to log out and log in again for proctored exams.

Finally I can take MY ESSAY EXAM!!!

I have pay the 125 U$S

This is all for now!

Regards

Rancher
Netbeans IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Just for a little contribution to this matter, I mailed at suncert_ww@oracle.com and asked them if I have to first finish the essay exam and then submit my assignment through mail at developer-submit_US@oracle.com (because that is what it says at my assignment's instructions), or first submit my assignment through Pearson requesting a voucher from suncert_ww@oracle.com and then take the essay exam. The response was:

--
The process for submitting the assignment has changed from 01 June 2011.

You will have to upload the assignment at Pearson VUE website and then register for the essay exam.

When you are ready to upload the assignment, you will have to email developer-submit_US@oracle.com with the assignment purchase details and we will provide you a voucher to upload the assignment.
--

So I believe that the process is getting more clear now (because to tell you the truth I was a little bit confused).

Sent a mail at developer-submit_US@oracle.com with the assignment purchase details, then they sent you a voucher from Pearson to upload the assignment, and then take the essay exam.

Sounds too easy now....

Dennis Grimbergen
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

I requested a voucher last monday by mailing to suncert_ww@oracle.com.
Today I got a 'reply'. They forwarded my e-mail to developer-submit_US@oracle.com so I expect a voucher in a few days maximum. We will see!

Rancher
Netbeans IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I've just sent my request too. Although Oracle mentioned that we have to send at suncert_ww@oracle.com an email requesting a voucher, it seems (judging also by what Dennis just wrote - good luck with the examination!!) that it is the same if you send it directly at developer-submit_US@oracle.com, and possibly better because it requires one step less in the whole process.

John Oconnor
Ranch Hand
Java ME Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi, in first time, before 1st june, I have sent my assignment to developer-submit_US@oracle.com, later the response was that I had complete my assignment , so can take my essay Exam, .... later appears the problem for obtain my essay exam in Pearson Vue because I want register via Prometric, when get 1st june, try register via Pearson vue, but i Cant for this reazon Oracle send me a Vocher for take the Essay exam.

From Oracle when send my submission.jar the response was, you have complete the assignment.

Now, that I can take my essay exam, means that I have complete my assignment correctly?, or when take my essay can be needed a re-assignment?

Regars

Gabor Kovesdan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

John Oconnor wrote:Now, that I can take my essay exam, means that I have complete my assignment correctly?, or when take my essay can be needed a re-assignment?

If you have submitted your assignment with the voucher code then you can take the essay. It does not mean though, that your assignment meets the pass criteria, it will only be graded after you take the essay exam. Your assignment with together the essay exam will be handed over to an assessor and she will evaluate your work. But this process is documented in the JavaRanch SCJD FAQ.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello,

Can you please help me...I have everything to upload my assignment to Person VUE, but I am afraid of doing it wrong..I just dont trust these bastards!!....

Here is what I have:
(1) I have received the voucher from Oracle (I utterly hate this bloody company)
(2) I have created a Web Account with Person VUE 2 weeks ago
(3) Thanks to this forum, I found out how to find the 1Z0-844 (I went www.pearsonvue.com, select IT and Oracle, selected the well-hidden "Master Assignments" link at the very bottom and logged in)
(4) I selected the 1Z0-844 --> it says 300$ and at the bottom I can enter a Voucher Number
(5) I enter the voucher number and the price goes down to 0$

Then I cancelled, because:....I am afraid that I was just about to "buy" another UrlyBird Assignment, but I just want to upload the stupid thing...

==> Was I on the right track??? Does anybody of you have successfully uploaded the assignment??....Can anybody provide a step-by-step list of what has to be done???...I am usually not so stupid, but all this chaos with Oracle makes me paranoid...

THANKS YOU FOR YOUR HELP....

Gabor Kovesdan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

oli mueller wrote:==> Was I on the right track??? Does anybody of you have successfully uploaded the assignment??....Can anybody provide a step-by-step list of what has to be done???...I am usually not so stupid, but all this chaos with Oracle makes me paranoid...

I'm not there yet (waiting for voucher) but I think you are right. It sounds logical that new candidates pay here and get the URLyBird assignment and the system will let them upload it within the time limit (1 year?) Now, in your case, you have already paid so I guess you use your voucher to avoid paying, and you go through the same process: you get the same assignment again and you get the opportunity, as well, to upload your solution there. Please confirm if it works like this, once you are done.

Rancher
Netbeans IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I haven't uploaded my assignment yet but according to the replies we got from Oracle and what is said here in the vendor transition faq, it seems that you are on the right track.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic