• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Please clarify! irixtech

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Methods that are overridden can throw more checked exceptions than the method they are overriding.

Answer : false

The overridden methods are throwing more checked exceptions than the overriding methods.

I think, it was intended to say

Methods that are overridden can throw narrower exceptions than the method they are overriding.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Arijit,

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll rephrase the question to be more specific, maybe add a code sample to it.

Let me know if you find more items like these.

Ashish Hareet

Arijit Daripa
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Always welcome Mr. Hareet.
By the way, are you running that site alone? I am asking, because it is for the fifth time (if you consider this time's one as an error) error has been detected and I have not even gone through all the questions.

Ashish Hareet
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes Arijit, I'm running this site all by myself. I simply put up the questions I've received cause I don't have enough time to go through them all. I depend upon user's like yourself to provide me feedback. If anything, later users can benefit from the errors you've detected.

With my site I'm trying to make a self-sustainable free medium for the community & with everything free, only the community can help make this a truly free & valuable resource

Thanks for asking
Ashish Hareet

Arijit Daripa
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You have taken a great step forward to helping the aspirants of SCJP and you have provided a lot of very good questions. That's why I am always going admire you. People like you can help, a lot, the SCJP and Other certification aspirants. Keep it up.
Once, I think, when I found the second or third error, I was a little bit rude to you. For that I am very sorry. That time I supposed the site was being run by a community and you were the head. "You are alone" increases the respect for you to me. Now onward I shall be always with you. But errors can harm the thoughts of the aspirants. So be carefull.
I want to send you private messege, if any sort of error is found again, because I don't want to harm any kind of respect to that site any more.
How shall I send you private messeges?

To
The Moderator,

If this messege has crossed the line of authenticity, please notify me, I shall take amendments.

Yours obediently,
Arijit Daripa.

Ashish Hareet
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Arijit,

Originally posted by Arijit Daripa:
You have taken a great step forward to helping the aspirants of SCJP and you have provided a lot of very good questions. That's why I am always going admire you. People like you can help, a lot, the SCJP and Other certification aspirants. Keep it up.

Appreciate the motivating thoughts.

But errors can harm the thoughts of the aspirants. So be carefull.

My thoughts exactly. Thats the reason end user feedback is really important & I always appreciate your directed posts over here. It may seem that you've been outspoken in the past, but if my site doesn't give good content then the user has all rights to be get back to me in the manner they see fit. I take it as an opportunity to make my site better.

How shall I send you private messeges?

Couple of options -
* You can use the private message feature here on javaranch. You'll find the message icon with little men in the posts. Click the one associated with my post.
* You can use the contact feature on irixtech - http://www.irixtech.com/contact
* You can also email me directly with a relevant subject line - gnashes30 at yahoo dot com

As always, thanks for your valuable thoughts & feedback.

Ashish Hareet

Arijit Daripa
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I shall be in touch of yours. You experience + knowledge will make my knowledge better and my dedication might make your site better.
Once again thanks for those valuable questions.
Please send me some questions, very very hard to solve. I am going to take SCJP 5 (CX 310-055) exam on 13-Oct-2008. A very short period!
email id : eddie_chn1@rediffmail.com
[ October 03, 2008: Message edited by: Arijit Daripa ]

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic