• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

OS X Snow + Eclipse + Can't Run Swing App

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Ranchers,

I have recently taken the step to buy a Mac. My brand new MacBook Pro was delivered this week and despite my concerns about getting used to it having always been a PC user, i'm loving it. I have managed to install all the things I require with minimal effort (JBoss, MySQL etc). I work with Eclipse and have installed the Mac version of Eclipse Galileo (Cocoa) along with subversion plugins.

However, I can't seem to run any Swing applications I get the following console messages when starting up the application, which then just freezes:

2009-09-18 09:31:36.122 java[2125:903] [Java CocoaComponent compatibility mode]: Enabled
2009-09-18 09:31:36.124 java[2125:903] [Java CocoaComponent compatibility mode]: Setting timeout for SWT to 0.100000
2009-09-18 09:31:37.079 java[2125:d003] *** -[NSConditionLock unlock]: lock (<NSConditionLock: 0x1006aa4d0> '(null)') unlocked when not locked
2009-09-18 09:31:37.080 java[2125:d003] *** Break on _NSLockError() to debug.

I have googled around and have seen hints at this problem, but can't seem to find a solution. Also, being completely new to the Mac, I'm having to take on board the concept of Cocoa, so its perfectly possible I am missing something simple here.

If anybody has any idea on this or can perhaps point out the obvious I would be most grateful.

Thanks,

Marcus

M Hathaway
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ok i've solved the issue, removing jfreechart-1.0.13-swt.jar from the classpath fixes the issue.

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congrats, to both fixing your issue, but also loving your new Mac. It really is a sweet environment to develop in, even with them being a little bit behind in JDK versions. If you haven't gotten it yet, try VMWare Fusion or Sun's Virtual Box to simultaneously run Linux, and/or Windows on your Mac. Make it sweet to create an enterprise system all on one machine. Linux server side stuff on Linux, then your client on Mac.

Mark

M Hathaway
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Mark, that's a real good suggestion!

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic