• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

examples of java and flex combined

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have no knowledge about flex or flash - is flex the IDE for Flash?
Could You give some examples of combination of flex and java for a beginner, what projects should they start can start with?

Bartender
Hibernate Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Flex is the framework, Flash is the client technology.

If you download a trial version of FlashBuilder there are fairly extensive examples in the documentation. Failing that, Adobe have quite extensive examples on their site, especially the cook book.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
the easiest example of combining java and flex in my mind will be making a httpservice call in flex app and declare the return format of httpservice call to e4x and in your servlet you return an xml for flex to consume. if you know how to develop java webapp, this can be done pretty fast. More advanced usage will be using amf protocol, Spring has an integration project for BlazeDS framework, which offers message exchange in binary format, this is far performant than exchange data with xml(by means of webservicies)

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
In my book Begiing Flex And Java I explain both using HTTPService and RemoteObject components and how to map Java objects to Actionscript Objects using BlazeDS.

here an example of my book that shows how Flex can use the Spring Java user service layer:

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic