• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Developing Games In Java chapter 2 example not doing as i would have expected

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi i'm not sure if this is really the right forum but as I see the book "Developing Games in Java" mentioned a lot around here i thought someone might be able to help me.

Here is the code that is in Chapter 2.

Basically it's just to teach you how to have a program be full screen, which is something I have not done before. The only thing that is different to what i expect are the colors of the screen when th program is running. In the run() method of class FullScreenTest is says this...

But the screen color turns out being black. Even if i switch the colors around it makes no difference. Should the color not be white? I know the book is pretty old so is there something else i have to now to change the foreground color?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey dude,

First of all , If your expectation is only on the full screen and the background color let me know. Ill get you another code that does your need.

I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed - shakespear. Unarmed tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic