• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Where to find the assignment for part 2

Rancher
Clojure Java Linux
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I passed part 1 yesterday and am now beginning part 2 (with the intention of finishing before the deadline at the end of July).

When I went to purchase the assignment at pearsonvue.com, I found the navigation somewhat confusing. I looked for 1Z0-865, but found only 1Z0-864 and 1Z0-866 in the main list of exams. Nothing I noticed made mention of downloadable assignments, but I found the navigation guidance at Oracle's certification blog (right here).

To purchase your assignment or essay:

• Go to pearsonvue.com/oracle
  • Select 'Schedule a Test'
  • * Under Non-Proctored, select 'Master Assignment' to purchase the assignment. (NOTE: this option is not available before June 1)
  • Follow the instructions in the system to complete your assignment/essay purchase.
  • Upon completing registration, you will be given instructions on how to download your assignment.

• After vending 1Z0-865, the purchasing interface presents a receipt that includes a yellow "Begin Exam" button. Clicking that button leads to a simple browser-based download manager where you can click one button to download and another to "pause" the "exam" until you're ready to upload a submission.

I thought I'd explain this in case anyone else experiences the same uncertainty about how to get the assignment.

Ranch Hand
    Firefox Browser Java Linux
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    I wonder why this assigment cost $300 dollars, when for developing country like Colombia, cost $125 like the EXAM or the ESSAY from this same web page (person vue)?

Greenhorn
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    Thanks a lot - I was confused as well about how to download the assignment. It's quite sad that so much has passed since your post, yet the process is still as user-unfriendly as it was 6 years ago!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic