• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Sycn iphone calendar & music to different PC?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi there,
I have 2 computers,the one is for business and the other is private.I just want to sync a calendar on one computer (business) and the music on another one (private),but everytime i try to synchronise only the calendar with itunes homesharing, it deletes all my music on my iphone.Is there any way to solve this problem???
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Unfortunately no. You can only sync your iPhone to the computer that you set it up with.

But you can have two computers share the same music library, but that requires moving the music files onto a shared hard drive. Like a NAS, or a directory shared, or a USB HD attached to a router that accepts USB Hard Drives.

This is alway why the whole iCloud is great. All your music is stored in the cloud and any device, iPhone, iPad, computer with iTunes can all access the same library. This will also be with Calendar and some other software, including apps made by other vendors using the iCloud apis.

Mark

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Well, it is very straight forward procedure. When you sync the iphone to your computer and when you click on your iphone setting in the itunes, there is option given to uncheck videos, music, apps, etc; so all you need to do is just unckeck the things that you do not want to sync in the computer and only the checked things will be synced in the computer.
If it still can't work,you may refer to this article How to transfer iPhone Contacts, SMS, Calendar,Notes & Call History ,it also include transfering music.Hope it could help u.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic