• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Spring Training for Core Spring Certification

Greenhorn
Spring Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I want to go for spring certification taken by SpringSource. I have some doubts regarding the certification :
1. They have made the spring training mandatory for the certification, which is too costly but it includes the certification cost. So, anyone who has attended the training of Core Spring 3.x can give me idea how fruitful Is?
2. Is the training worth considering the costs associated with it.

Thanks for your help in advance..
Sumit

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

Even I want to do the same. I know for sure the course is mandatory or you must have some proof that you were working on a Spring project.
The cost of training is too much for me

Regards
Lyju

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Sumit Vashistha wrote:
1. They have made the spring training mandatory for the certification, which is too costly but it includes the certification cost. So, anyone who has attended the training of Core Spring 3.x can give me idea how fruitful Is?

I recently attended the training. Though it was my first professional training class and I therefore can't compare, I can say the training was very professional prepared. The course material is very well structured, you always have one or two hours theory and then one hour practical lab to elaborate what you heard before. Especially the labs were very useful for gaining understanding. The teacher was very professional and skilled. I had only basic experience in Java and almost no in Java EE before but could follow the big picture and do all the labs to some extent. I think it is a very fruitful training. After the training I could jump right into a (paid) spring based project I'm working on now as a freelancer. Hope to get the Cert in a few weeks (learning is hard after a full work day, hope for time during christmas holidays).

Sumit Vashistha wrote:
2. Is the training worth considering the costs associated with it.

Well, if you do it just for fun, probably not. Maybe better to read the "Spring in Action" book and jump into some project to gain practice.
Given that the Spring Certs are valuable assets on the job market, especially for a freelancer, yes, it is.

Hope that helps,
Wieland

The first person to drink cow's milk. That started off as a dare from this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic