• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Creating a Jar file under RandomAccesFile usage-A Tantalizing task

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Let me begin with all the good wishes for the SreeRamaNavami festival that every indian would know falls on Saturday(31-03-2012)
My problem is how do i create a jar file that would work on doubleclick on windows based.so please helpme to update a trail
made on this jar making task to do as i intended above no matter if a java 1.3 or a java 1.5 version etc used.
or ateast correct me if I am wrong by udating the file to be used universally in Jar
Example Jar enclosed
Thanking You
As
C.R.M.K

Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE VI Editor Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

C.R.Muthukumar Muthukumar wrote:Let me begin with all the good wishes for the SreeRamaNavami festival that every indian would know falls on Saturday(31-03-2012)
My problem is how do i create a jar file that would work on doubleclick on windows based.so please helpme to update a trail
made on this jar making task to do as i intended above no matter if a java 1.3 or a java 1.5 version etc used.
or ateast correct me if I am wrong by udating the file to be used universally in Jar
Example Jar enclosed
Thanking You
As
C.R.M.K

To enable double-click for .jar, you would need to associate javaw.exe with the *.jar extension on your Windows computer.

Comal Rajagopalaratnam Muthukumar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for your reply.surprised to find no mention about the attached jar file(JavaExam.jar).

The JavaExam.jar file that was attached with ,may please be be updated to suit javaw.exe .I tried to do it as per your reply but invain.
The reply i got was when i used the javaw.exe command as:-

javaw.exe JavaExam.jar

no virtual machine found ;Where as i get the jar execution in proper ie without javaw usage.
So please reply soon before the festival to forward this sample to my friends and relatives ie before 31stMarch(SriRamaNavami)
or atleast were you able to execute and got the Gui format without javaw at your computer orso.
Thanks
As
C.R.M.K

Tim McGuire
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE VI Editor Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

C.R.Muthukumar Muthukumar wrote:surprised to find no mention about the attached jar file(JavaExam.jar).

The JavaExam.jar file that was attached with ,may please be be updated to suit javaw.exe .I tried to do it as per your reply but invain.

javaw.exe JavaExam.jar

no virtual machine found ;Where as i get the jar execution in proper ie without javaw usage.
So please reply soon before the festival to forward this sample to my friends and relatives ie before 31stMarch(SriRamaNavami)
or atleast were you able to execute and got the Gui format without javaw at your computer orso.
Thanks
As
C.R.M.K

I found no Jar file and I'm not going to run some unknown jar file on my system, festival or no.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Tim McGuire wrote:

C.R.Muthukumar Muthukumar wrote:surprised to find no mention about the attached jar file(JavaExam.jar).

javaw.exe JavaExam.jar

Thanks
As
C.R.M.K

I found no Jar file and I'm not going to run some unknown jar file on my system, festival or no.

Hello

When i opened a jar file with the mouse operated task"Open with .." the jar file lost its Main-Class -Pl sugest for is its retrieval
Thanks
CRMK

Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Please TellTheDetails. Without more information it going to be hard for anyone to help you.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
[quote=Tim McGuire][quote=C.R.Muthukumar Muthukumar]Let me begin with all the good wishes for the SreeRamaNavami festival that every indian would know falls on Saturday(31-03-2012)
Example Jar enclosed
Thanking You
As
C.R.M.K[/quote]

To enable double-click for .jar, you would need to associate javaw.exe with the *.jar extension on your Windows computer. [/quote]

Indeed I am thankful for your maningfull suggestion amd enlose my newly created jar file for your review and reply(Sample only)
Encl:JavaExam.zip(Trail)
Thanks
As
CRMK

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic