• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

New Employer - Background Verification

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

I am currently working in an Indian IT MNC for last 9 months and recently I resigned my job for seeking a better opportunity in another Indian IT MNC. I don't have a healthy relation with my current manager. For the background verification in my new organization, I provided the contact details for my current manager (which was mandatory as a part of the background verification form).

Now I am worried with what if:

1) My manager provides a poor feedback if he is called up for a verification process by my new employer?

2) In case of a poor feedback from my current manager, how shall I overcome this situation in my new organization?

Please advice, I am really worried on this.

Thanks,

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
So, if I understand it correctly, you first got a job offer, resigned, and then later you got to know that one of the background verifications before you are sure of the job, is a check with your current manager, which you cannot stand, and probably is the reason why you wanted to leave? Is that correct??

That really ...... !!

You should actually ask before you resign your present job what the possible verifications are before you really get that written new contract in your hand. But, to be honest, I would not have done that either.

God is a comedian playing for an audience that is afraid to laugh - Voltair. tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic