• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

EJB3.1 Timer Service issue in Jboss Cluster Environment

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
Our company has a web based project which using the Jboss EAP 6.1 +EJB 3.1 + JSF2 and deployed it in a cluster environment(Server A,Server B and Server C).
We have created some schedule tasks by using EJB timer service and the timer data file is stored in a central file system.
And users can login and access to a task configuration page to customise his own tasks by create,update,delete actions etc.
But we find that the timers don't work correctly in the cluster environment.
For example.
When we start the Servers(A,B,C),each server will load the timer file data into his own node cache from the central file system.
But when one user go to the task configuration page to update or delete his own tasks from one of the Servers, it only update the change on its own node cache and
don't replicate the timer data to other nodes' cache and which cause the problem.

I know there is one way to fix it is that we could shutdown the three Servers and re-boot them and the timer data file will be re-loaded into each server's cache. But we can't do that because the users want their own created/updated tasks take effect immediately once they change them.

My question is that when the timer data in cache is updated on one server, how to make it synchronise to the other Servers'.

I am not a native English speaker and hope I have expressed my question clearly.

It is quite urgent and any tips or solution are highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex

Bartender
Android Google Web Toolkit Mac Eclipse IDE Ubuntu Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Welcome to the Ranch!

Please read => EaseUp

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic