• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

HTML Submission ?'s

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm working on the OCMJEA - Assignment (Part 2). I'm using SPARX Enterprise Architect for my UML models, and it has the ability to generate HTML that includes JavaScript. In the assignment that I have, it says nothing about JavaScript. So in my submission, can I include JavaScript or not?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I will advise you to not use Javascript for assignment submission HTMLs. Also, you don't know how it may behave in different browsers. The safe option should be to stick on plain HTML.

Roy Pozarelli
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I had sent this question to Oracle after posting it here. Below is the reply that I received.

Please note we have checked with our exam development team on this and they have confirmed as below:
"Yes. The candidate's submission can have JavaScript in it. He can send UML diagrams embedded in webpages developed by using HTML without or with JavaScript. He has to ensure that the JavaScripts files are properly bundled in the submitted JAR file and the UML diagrams are visible, legible, and navigable."

Aditya Kumar
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ok, go ahead then. I was only reiterating what worked for me and what has been advised in Mark Cade's book.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic