• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Work Experience for B1 Visa in DS 160

Ranch Hand
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello All,

I started my career with Company A (a small company) where I worked for around 2 months 10 days. Then I switched to Company B and was there for around 2 years 10 months. Then I moved to Company C where I stayed for around 8 months.

Presently I am in Company D where my B1 is getting initiated and I will be giving the interview at the beginning of Jan, 2015.

My Concern is:

Since I was in Company A for only 2.5 months and the company was shut down in 2011, shall I mention this in my Visa Form?

I showed the experience of Company A while joining Company C and it caused me a lot of problems at the time of background verification. I was not able to provide my manager's details since all of them moved out at different locations.

In such a scenario, will it be good to remove the experience of Company A in the DS 160 Form?

Please let me know on this.

Sheriff
Mac Android IntelliJ IDE Eclipse IDE Spring Debian Java Ubuntu Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You should probably ask a lawyer to advise you on this. There is no guarantee of the validity of any advice given here and you should take such advice with a (large) grain of salt.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Anthony D'Souz wrote:Hello All,

I started my career with Company A (a small company) where I worked for around 2 months 10 days. Then I switched to Company B and was there for around 2 years 10 months. Then I moved to Company C where I stayed for around 8 months.

Presently I am in Company D where my B1 is getting initiated and I will be giving the interview at the beginning of Jan, 2015.

My Concern is:

Since I was in Company A for only 2.5 months and the company was shut down in 2011, shall I mention this in my Visa Form?

I showed the experience of Company A while joining Company C and it caused me a lot of problems at the time of background verification. I was not able to provide my manager's details since all of them moved out at different locations.

In such a scenario, will it be good to remove the experience of Company A in the DS 160 Form?

Please let me know on this.

From my experience, In B1 visa, no one is going to to check your old company and verify. Give true information only.

If you believe you can tell me what to think, I believe I can tell you where to go. Go read this tiny ad!
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic