• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How to implement custom pagenation in jsf f table

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
i want to implement custom pagenation , lets say i have 98 records i want to display them in 10 in a page , if i click on forward button it has to show next ten records if i click on previous ,last ten records has to show..

Thanks
Rajendar

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
It's a lot easier/faster/cheaper to simply employ one of the JSF extension tagsets that provide table pagination. You don't have to spend a lot of time designing and debugging what has been done many times before.

However, basically, the dataTable's backing Model object (DataModel) is the reference for the data that gets displayed. By making this model be a subset window onto the larger data set that you want to page through, you can display as many or as few lines in the table as you like. When the user clicks a table nagivation button, just update the wrapped data collection for the datamodel to reference the rows that the updates View should show.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic