• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

OCMJEA part I - mocks

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello ranchers \o

I'm preparing to the part I, before I start reading the books about it I decided to take a mock at whizlabs to measure my weakness areas,
well i've been surprised with 60% out of the 71% required to the exam, so I decided to stop and get back into the books to study my weaknesses,
a week later i finished my studies and decided to take back to the mocks, well, I've scored 74 / 76 / 68 / 86 / 78 %
I was wondering if is time to the real exam ? I already have 4 certifications (OCA, OCP, WCD and JPAD) for this reason i skipped the web tier topic of the book
and of course i've revised my worng answers and a week later i retake the mocks and socred above 90% in all
what about it guys, it's time to go to exam at monday ?

Whizlabs Product Support
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Getulio Miranda,

How was your exam.
Please give us your input, as how was the Whizlabs simulator useful for your practice.
Any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Getulio,

Everyone is different, but at least when I took part I, I felt that the test was a bit harder than the Whizlabs simulator. I even think I scored lower on the real test than on my last runs on the simulator. On other Oracle tests I've taken it has normally been the opposite. The OCMJEA test has some very subjective questions, which make it harder in my opinion. When I did the test there was no book for the version 6 of the test, but if there had been one, I probably would have read it cover to cover.

Good luck,

Andres

Getulio Miranda
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Ritika Prasad,
Well,
the Whizlabs questions are easier than the exam but it gives a good notion of how it is.
I've purchased the exam with a retake promotion, good for me because i've failed with 70% out of 71%, this made me very angry at the moment, 2 weeks later I came back and passed with 80%
The exam questions are very subjective like Andres Olarte said.
And i've to tell you guys i didn't found any book that really covers the exam like the other certifications, there are some topics that you have to search on the internet because they aren't totally covered in the books.
Now i've submitted the assignment and scheduled the essay for tomorrow.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Getulio,

What is the "a retake promotion"? If I failed the exam I can use it to save money?

Getulio Miranda
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Mimmo Ludovico

If you fail you go to Pearson vue site and schedule another exam, but this time it will cost U$0.00

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic