• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Winner of our Haiku for Kats contest - free ticket to Erlang Factory Lite & Kats Conf 15 in Dublin!

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Python Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Before I announce the winner of the free Kats Conf 15 ticket, from our Haiku for Kats contest, I would like to say a big thank you to all those who posted in that thread. We really enjoyed reading your poems and it did turn out to be a lot of fun.

We just have 1 ticket to give out to the winner but we have given out cows to some of the members who participated and whose posts we liked in that thread. So congratulations to all of them who got a cow (or more) in that thread!

Now on to the winner. We discussed internally and some of us voted on who the winner was. More than 1 name was suggested but in all of those votes, one name was common and the winner is....

David Holland!

Congratulations David!. I'll be sending you a PM with the details on what needs to be done to get the free ticket.

David's winning Haiku was:

David Holland wrote:She hacks the hairball
organic fur a-flutter
paws tap the spacebar

Other ones that we liked came from users Shamsudeen Akanbi, and Adam Scheller. Well done to you guys too.

There are just around 3 weeks left for the conference which is in Dublin. Plenty of time for David to get his travel and accommodation organised. I hope you enjoy the event!

Ranch Hand
MS IE Linux
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations David! I really like your Haiku and it's definitely a well chosen winner :-)

Thank you Tim for a cow, I got really surprised!

This contest was really fun. I hope we will see more of creative contests like this one in the future :-)

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
congrats david

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
A very big congratulations to David. Seriously, your Haiku was awesome and it was a well chosen one as Adam said. Thanks for the Cow Tim, and I really hope there will be more stuffs like this in the future... JavaRanch was much more fun for that!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic