• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Need to choose frameworks

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,
i am planning to develop a web application,i need your suggestion what combination would be fine ?in my mind following things comes
spring+hibernate+jsp
spring+hibernate+gwt
spring hibernate+jsf

could you suggest what would be fine out of these or any thing else?

Thanks

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Without knowing anything about your project's requirements or team, it's impossible to say.

Personally, I hate (abhor, loathe, detest, despise with a passion bordering on the pathological) both GWT and JSF, so they would be off the table for me.

What's not on your list is the way most modern web applications are being built: a RESTful API backend (perhaps with Spring and Hibernate) and a JavaScript SPA (Single Page Application) front end.

If this is a new project, I would think you'd want to use the most modern approach, but again, can't make any real recommendations with the scant information provided.

mohammad shadab
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank You Bear,

its gonna be a website which would provide information regarding colleges for admissions.if any student wants to confirm admission thru this website he is gonna pay money online thru this website.so payment transactions also need to handle.

Regarding spring(controller) and hibernate(model) i am sure,but i am having confusion regarding View(should be jsp,jwf,gwt,facelet,angular js,themeleaf, and so on),pl suggest what would be good for view(UI).

Thanks

Bear Bibeault
Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Personally, I think that rendering views on the server to send to the client is technology that stinks of the tar pits (in other words, dying a slow death). Most of the commercial websites I've worked on for the past couple of years have been JavaScript SPAs using AngularJS or other JS frameworks, with a RESTful API backend.

That said, JSP is still used pretty heavily though out the industry so if you go that route, it's not experience that will be wasted. But if you want to be current on latest trends and technologies, an SPA is the way to go.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You need framework spring template + ibatis+ MVC + Oracle + framework jquery and json
or JSF + ibatis

I'm gonna teach you a lesson! Start by looking at this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic