• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SEO

Ranch Hand
Netbeans IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I never have worked positioning a web, now I have a web which I want to well positionate in search engines. I called a company and they proposed me to give me the key words for 90 euros per year.

Do you think is it ok? Could I get the keywords in a more affordable way? Can I realistically positionate my site without spend plenty of time?

Regards, Isaac

Bartender
Mac OS X Linux Windows
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You are talking about trying to buy an increase in website rank, right? I believe most of those providers are scammers or they use techniques that search engines actively detect and downgrade.
Google says:"Sites' positions in our search results are determined based on hundreds of factors designed to provide end-users with helpful, accurate search results. In general, webmasters can improve the rank of their sites by creating high-quality sites that users will want to use and share." They provide some tools and tutorials on how best to get noticed by their crawler.
You can also purchase advertising with Google and other entities to display when certain search words are use. That may be a more effective use of your budget than some fly-by-night SEO optimizer trying to game the system.

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Please look up the concept of snake oil

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
No its not fare in 90 Euro for a year. You need to promote your site. What are you doing with just a proposal keywords??

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Isaac Ferguson wrote:Can I realistically positionate my site without spend plenty of time?

Also keep in mind if it were that easy, everyone would do it and it wouldn't actually increase you rankings.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Some of the SEO agencies are promising to stay top rankings on Google for a particular keyword and this much is the price. But practically they cannot. Google ranking algorithm is now realtime. If you gain one relevant backlink and any improvements in on page you can expect improvement result next two days. Same time if your website gets any spammy links next day itself your web page will get affect. Now, most of the business owners are aware about SEO and they are promoting. If you are following google guidelines and getting backlinks from niche properties you can expect to stay top on Google. Please don't buy traffic or backlinks from any other sites. If you do, definitely your website will get affect. Google's algorithms are more smarter than human. Provide useful content or service to your audience and drive relevant traffic to your website.

them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye singin' this'll be the day that I die. Drink tiny ad.
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic