• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

direct debit question

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hei can someone clarify about the direct debit. Is this something that can be managed within the application, or is it something where you get redirected to external payment portal where you sign it ?

Am I correct that if the concept form is provided by my web site then I would need an electronic signature to sign it ? After all we need to be 100% sure that it is exactly the person/company that is legal signing the contract.

If I dont want to deal with electronic signatures and contracts and stuff is it possible to outsource it to some external portal ?

Thanks

Bartender
Android Mac OS X Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
When it comes to payment (debit or credit), think e-commerce. How does Amazon or the like do it?

Without knowing your assignment requirements, have an external party take care of the payment processing I think will be simplest.

Of course the payment will need to met security standard like X-bit encryption, SSL transport .. stuff like that. Have a search on Google for "secure electronic transaction" (SET)

When it comes to auth, the external party (bank or not) will need to know who the person is. Such auth form usually is part of the payment system (provided by external party). An example is if you make transaction with VISA credit card, the bank that issued the card will have some form for you to enter name and stuff. That form is not in your app.

Hope this helps.

Alexander Petrov
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Looks like the direct debit is a very specific thing and I have already used it in Norway as "Avtalegiro". In Germany it is known as Giro. In US as Automated Clearing house. There is also a common service for all EU countries which is called SEPA Direct Debit.According to wikipedia and some other sources I read. There are two general ways to give consent that you agree the service provider to draw dircetly from your account. One method is to write a concent letter to the service provider which the service provider makes available to the Bank at later point starts collecting the payments. The other method requires the payer to instruct his or her bank to honour direct debit notes from the payee. The payee is then notified that he or she is now authorised to initiate direct debit transfers from the payer.

So when I read a bit I believe that the payment system should be able to send notifications to our system that a client has given allowance for our system to draw directly all the payments. Or alternatively we can hold a concent form with some digital signature or whatever to make sure that people/companies who use our service are real. Send the concent form to the bank and at later point get the payment. This is my view on the direct debit. According to the assignent the payment system is already present so I will just assume that the ability to receive notifications that a certain client has given access for direct debit.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic