• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

user.id equals session.userId && logged>

Greenhorn
jQuery Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I'm trying to put this condition at user_profile.htm. . I want the forum to detect who is online, if it is the user shown in the profile page, then it will appear a button; otherwise it won't.
So, I tried with that condition, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Saloon Keeper
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What does "it didn't work" mean, exactly? What did you expect to happen, and what happened instead?

Jackie Bermudez
Greenhorn
jQuery Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
User_profile.htm allows you to preview the user's profile. I want to add an additional feature on this page; for example a button, but I don't want it to be visible for other people that see that user profile page, just the owner of the account. So, I've been trying to use the code that I mentioned before on this post in many different ways, I get the id using this code: user.id and session.userId, so if I could just make the comparison between these two numbers I could be able to do it. But the problem is that I get this error:

FreeMarker template error (DEBUG mode; use RETHROW in production!)...............

I'm sure that it is because of some sort of permission. Could you help me with this?

Thanks!

Tim Moores
Saloon Keeper
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You didn't post the actual error message, but the user object is named "u" rather than "user" in that template, so I'm guessing that is at least part of the problem.

And just to be sure, you're using the latest source from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jforum2/, yes? That is the latest version with all the bug and security fixes.

Jackie Bermudez
Greenhorn
jQuery Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
OMG you are right!! It's working now. Thank you so much Tim!! And yes, I'm using that last version.

This. Exactly this. This is what my therapist has been talking about. And now with a tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic