in continuation to my snakes and ladders game : Here I plan to design the "teen patti" game.
First of all, here are the rules:
The game can be played between 2 - n players (of course there is a limit after all there are 56 cards only)
1. Dealer Deals 3 cards to players.
2. Player either sees the cards >> SEEN
or plays without looking >> BLIND
3. First of all, each player pays an amount before starting the game.
4. Now the players play in turns in counter-clockwise direction.
5. In each turn, the player bets on his cards (its called "chaal" in india)
6. The Player can Leave current game (round) at any time >> PACK
7. The Game advances advances as the betting increases for every round.
1. BLIND pays half the current betting price. He can increase the betting price if he wants
2. SEEN pays exactly the betting price. He too can increase the betting price if he wants
1. Two consequetive players can decide on a "side show" where the one having lowest card value quits the current game (round)
2. Game advances till there are only two players remaining.
3. When two players are remaining, one can demand a "show" - ending the game, Total bet amount goes to winner.
I dont see much problems making this game (its still tough, but i feel i may be able to handle it)
Now what i probably have problems with is the computer AI, it has to decide stuff like:
1. Play Blind or Seen
2. Amount of money to bet on
3. When to pack
4. Bluff bet to encourage others to pack.
Winning conditions in the order:
1. Three of a Kind eg: 2,2,2 or Q,Q,Q if both players have three of a kind, player with highest card wins
2. Sequence eg: A,2,3 or K,Q,J if both players have sequence, player with highest sequence wins
3. Color (not literal meaning) eg: all spades or all Clubs. If both players have color, player with highest card wins
4. Two of a kind eg: A,A,2 or K,K,J If both players have two of a kind, player with highest card wins
5. Bogus none of the above eg: 2,K,4 or 8,10,J If both players have Bogus, player with highest card wins
Ace is the Highest, hence the Highest card sequence is A,A,A and usually players having that set bet very high and disagree for a side show too
even K,K,K is good
I just want suggestions on :
1. What kind of Screen would you like for such a game
2. Suggestions for computer AI logic (no codes please)
I'm not sure what you mean by what type of screen... but I think the AI is the most fun part of the game design.
I would make most of the computers decisions based off it's $$ situation and I would give him/her a mood or stress variable as well as keep track of AI $$ loss. Have it make desicions the same way you would.... things like, "I lost the last 4 games in a row and my money is low I better play Blind to stay in the game" OR "I lost the last 4 games in a row and now I'm pissed, I'm going to go all in" OR "The player keeps bluffing me out, I'm not going to fold this time" OR "I have won the last 3 games in a row and my $$ is good, I'm going to play Seen and keep the same strategy going". Obviously you don't need to make the AI this complex but the more thought you put into it now and design it out the more fun the game will be to play and the harder for players to just bluff the AI into losing every time. I once did a Tic Tac Toe game that was all about the AI and I had it remember past games in order to detect player patterns, I also made it start forgetting games and changing outcomes as it remembered to many to simulate human memory.