I am a sophomore student pursuing Btech in computer science. Earlier i was planning to give ocpjp se 6 but after giving a few mock exams, i realize my score is always around the passing point. I have only 6-8 months experience in java. Could someone please suggest me whether i should stick to my plan of give ocpjp se 6 or should I first give Java SE 7 Programmer I exam and then give some more time and give Java SE 7 Programmer II? In other words which is more beneficial to me OCJA or OCJP???
From my SCJA book in regards to the SCJA which is now the OCAJP 5/6 (1Z0-850) exam:
"We strongly recommend the SCJA certification to the following candidates:
• Entry-level and junior programmers wishing to start and/or continue down the path of using Java technologies.
• Software developers and technical leads wishing to solidify their Java-related skillsets.
• Project and program managers wishing to gain a true perspective of the work and challenge of their teams complementary to their planning and direction.
• Computer Science and information system students wishing to complement their education
• IT job seekers looking for a well-deserved edge
• Certification seekers wishing to round out their resume or curriculum vitae"
In regards to the OCAJP 7 (1Z0-803) exam, it's primarily good for matured programmers & software developers.