This week's book giveaway is in the OCMJEA forum. We're giving away four copies of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide and have Paul Allen & Joseph Bambara on-line! See this thread for details.
About the General Motors Software Development team:
At GM IT we are geared towards meeting and exceeding the goals and aspirations of our customers. The GM IT team is focused on creating an exciting environment that not only motivates, but challenges technically adept professionals. We are building on our momentum and we’re changing the way we do things. We’re shifting our focus from running the business to advancing innovation.
In short, we are currently seeking the next generation of game-changers to help us usher in a new age of automotive IT innovation. Are you ready to rise to the challenge?
Our Software Development team supports the creation and enhancement of some of the industry's most innovative and complex systems. This team develops and delivers software solutions to GM customers, dealers, and employees across the globe. Members of this team include industry-leading developers, architects, and designers who use various innovative development methodologies and technologies to successfully deliver solutions, drive business results, and increase customer satisfaction.
About the Senior Java Developer role:
The Senior Java Developer writes the actual code to build and support GM's systems, applications, and platforms. This Senior Java Developer role is the cornerstone of the team and is responsible designing and creating code in an Agile fashion. The Senior Java Developer understands complex business logic and builds code for multi-lingual, multi-national applications. The Senior Java Developer will work with global resources and lead a team of experienced developers. The Senior Java Developer will take the project from the initiation phase and see it through deployment. This role understands the value of an elegant software design and the importance of building solutions that matter. Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the Senior Java Developer.
- At least 7 years' experience writing Java/J2EE code
- Masterful at XML and relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Hands on experience supporting web operations, network, server infrastructure, most notably across multiple geographically distributed data centers
- Experience with various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.)
- Experience in guiding a team of developers from project initiation through deployment
- A current portfolio demonstrating expertise in executing technical deep-dives on software design, code, and test artifacts
- Experience is crafting detailed design specifications as well as test plans for unit and integration testing
- A bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience working with object-oriented programming (OOP) and design principles
- Ability to convert business requirements into technical specifications and designs as well as estimate the amount of effort necessary to complete the tasks
Why General Motors?
At GM, we have charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!