About the General Motors Software Development team:
At GM IT we are geared towards meeting and exceeding the goals and aspirations of our customers. The GM IT team is focused on creating an exciting environment that not only motivates, but challenges technically adept professionals. We’re building on our momentum and we’re changing the way we do things. We’re shifting our focus from running the business to advancing innovation.
In short, we're currently seeking the next generation of game-changers to help us usher in a new age of automotive IT innovation. Are you ready to rise to the challenge?
Our Software Development team supports the creation and enhancement of some of the industry’s most innovative and complex systems. This team develops and delivers software solutions to GM customers, dealers, and employees across the globe. Members of this team include industry-leading developers, architects, and designers who use various innovative development methodologies and technologies to successfully deliver solutions, drive business results, and increase customer satisfaction.
About the Java Developer role:
The Java Developer writes the code to build and support GM’s systems, applications, and platforms. This Java Developer role is the cornerstone of the team and is responsible designing and creating code in an Agile fashion. The Java Developer understands complex business logic and builds code for multi-lingual, multi-national applications. This role will interface with other project developers and architects on a global basis and ensures that designs and quality are meeting GM requirements. Each Java Developer will take the project from the initiation phase and see it through deployment. The Java Developer understands the value of an elegant software design and the importance of building solutions that matter. Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the Java Developer at GM.
- At least 5 years' experience writing Java/J2EE code
- Masterful at XML and relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Hands on experience supporting web operations, network, server infrastructure, most notably across multiple geographically distributed data centers
- Proven understanding of security, efficient code reuse, and software design
- Practical experience with various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.)
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical field
- Demonstrated experience working with object-oriented programming (OOP) and design principles
- Proven track record of designing and building complex business solutions
Why General Motors?
At GM, we've charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!