We have a deployment of Business Objects XIR3.1 running on TOMCAT 5.5.20 as web/application server. Yesterday the users lost connection to the application. I have restarted the TOMCAT service and rebooted the machine but I still cannot access the application. TomCat is running on Windows 2008 R2 VM server. I have checked the TomCat logs and there is nothing out of the ordinary. All I get is some couple of standard errors on the log file. What I have noticed is that I cannot get to the Tomcat homepage from within the server where the TomCat is installed by using http://localhost:8080 or by using http://[servername]:8080.
I do not get an error message but the request for the page keeps on going to no end. All it shows is Waiting for the [servername].
I really need help as I am under tremendous pressure to resolve the issue.
Another possible reason for a running Tomcat failing to connect - all available request Threads are in use.
If this was my problem I would use the Management app to look at the status of request Threads. (Obviously this has to be done while users are still getting through. You may see an accumulation of very long running request threads.)