• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

CVSNT Adding user

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello Guyz,

I am trying to setup my own CVSNT server but I am having a hard time adding users in it.

I googled on how to setup and use cvsnt and found this site http://www.mobilefish.com/developer/cvsnt/cvsnt_quickguide_addusers.html

I followed the steps but its throwing an error Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password. This is my first time in using cvs so I know I am missing something basic.

Would appreciate any help.. Thanks.

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I don't think you're missing something basic. It's probably something obscure. I had a devil of a time getting this to work when I originally set up CVSNT. What I ended up doing was this:

1. Set up the "passwd" file in the CVSROOT directory.

2. Create an administrator account ("cvsadmin", let's say) on the CVS server. This must be a local administrator, not an administrator in the machine's domain.

3. Make entries in the "passwd" file that look like this:

Clapham::cvsadmin

That makes a synthetic ID (in my case "Clapham") which I then use to connect to CVS. There's no password, I just couldn't make that work. In fact I only made this work by accident, if I recall right.

Mark Reyes
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Paul,

Thank you very much... its working now... eclipse can now recognize the repository...

I was working on this problem for 4 days now and followed some sites tutorial but was not successful though. I was thinking back then to just use Microsoft Visual Sourcesafe instead.

Its good to have javaranch around.

This might be too much to ask, but while I am committing my project I encountered an error "Unable to load class
org.eclipse.team.examples.model.mapping.ExampleModelProvider".

And when I tried to commit each of my files to the repository, the error pops out again and my files were not added successfully...

Is this Eclipse specific or problem with my repository? or are there any jar files that i need to update. Thanks again.

Mark Reyes
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello,

I found my answer to my next question. Problem with eclipse plugin.
Thanks again..

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic