• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

L&F error when starting application

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm trying to execute a Java application I'm developing on Mac OS 10.3.5. But I keep getting this error:

I've installed the recent Java update to 1.4.2_05 so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I honestly can't say if it does since this is the first time that I've run the application outside of NetBeans 3.6, which I'm using for development. Also, you may have noticed that I'm using ant to execute the appliction.

So, I'm stumped as to what is causing the Java to be unable to find the Aqua look and feel. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Rich

blacksmith
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
My first guess would be that it's some kind of class path issue, but I don't really know. I've had no problems with 1.4.2. I'm on 10.2.8 rather than Jaguar, but I guess I'd be surprised if that made a difference.

Do other Swing applications run properly?

sharp shooter, and author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Are you explicitly setting the LAF? I'm also using the updated 1.4.2_05 and have no problems running a Swing app that I'm working on. BTW, the first line in my app is:

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic