• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

DIV,TEXTBOX,FONT RESIZE

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi inmy application the display pages are designed using html components div,texboxes etc i wrote a css that defines the sizes and layout of this div and textboxes, when my browser window is at maximum height and width the layout is proper but when i resize the browser window and minimize the browser size the div components and the text boxes get mix with each other and the lay out is not proper , i want the text boxes and div to lay themselves according to the window size how can i accomplish this?
any suggesstions please

Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

You should be using absolute positioning and size attributes in your CSS? Have you tried changing them to relative values, as in percentages?

Cheers,
Raj.
[ October 06, 2008: Message edited by: Raj Kamal ]

carina caoor
Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
actually i have designed a long CSS some of them are in % and some in pixel values , as there are many div,texboxes,labels,buttons some are relative positioned and some are absolute...
suggest me should i change all of them to absolute positioning with percentage values?

Rajkamal Pillai
Ranch Hand
IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

The difference between the two is that using absolute positioning/sizing you can consider the position/size as fixed on the page. It wont change on window resize. If you use relative positioning/sizing then it becomes relative to the size of the window. So when the window is resized they change.

If some elements are relative then can you see them readjust on window resize? Check out for the absolute items also on resize. You should be able to make out the difference.

Cheers,
Raj.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic