• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

cleared SCJP (71%), be carefull-fill in the blanks

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,
I cleared the programmers exam yesterday with 71%, the questions as most people confirm are a bit unlike any other mock exam you take, I felt there were three very distinct heirarchies, easy, not so easy (majority)--which definately require thought, and which have a few pitfalls (conciiously designed such) but which can be comfortabely overcome, and the last category is definately tough (say about 8-10 in number), questions which require a good knowledge of the not so core API's and which combine multiple topics for example three synchronized methods in a never ending for loop and such.
One very important point which I want to put across is the way one types in the answers in the fill in the blank type questions
I got 28%in java.lang and was very surprised, later I got to know the reason why, I had answered all the results in double quotes, suspecting the String type result but all of you please confirm if the answers are to be typed -as-such or not, I felt that I could have easily crossed the 80% mark otherwise, Does anyone have a confirmed answer to this???
Also the exam was of two hours and time was definately not a problem.
Thanks
Dinesh Rajkumar

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Dear Dinesh,
Congrats,I too commited the same mistake of putting the answer in ""....anyways congrats again...
Harpal

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Dear Dinesh
Congratulations on being an SCJP.
I was under the impression that there are no questions wherein you had to fill blanks. Could you please elaborate how many questions were there of such type and if possible give some hint of the type of blanks to be filled.
Congrats once again
Mahesh
Dear Harpal
In case you can also throw some light it would be really good for all of us.
Thanks
Mahesh

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi DInesh,
Congratulation!!
I have a question.
A month ago the exam contained 59 questions and the time was 90 minutes. Now I understand that the time was increased to 120 minutes. What about the # of the questions. Are they still 59 or now they are 70 as in the old version of the exam.
I would appreciate if u respond.
Thanx in advance.

Harpal Singh
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Dear Mahesh,
I cleared the exam on Nov 23rd.....scored less in the areas where there were fill in the blanks...I got something like ....after manuplation of Strings like concat etc...I am very sure my answer was correct...but I think coz I put the answer in ""...I did not get marks in that...same thing happened with two more fill in the blanks....so i would suggest clear that doubt with one of the sheriffs here ....or mail Sun people...Coz it is not worth loosing marks in those easy fill in the blanks...
thanks,
Harpal

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic