• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Passed SCJP 5.0 - Your Suggestions Needed

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Friends,
On 31-Oct I passed SCJP 5.0 with score 68%.Though i have passed the exam but I am not satisfied with the score. I feel K&B book is not enough to get a good scrore as in real exam there were many questions on generics and inner classes but these topics are not well covered in K&B book.
I like this forum very much.

I am aware of that we can take the same exam again. Friends please answer my following queries :
1. Do i have to purchase another SCJP 5.0 voucher @ same cost?
2. What if i get less score in second attempt ? Which score will be considered?
3. If i cleared the second attempt too, will i get 2 certificates from sun?
4. Which book should i follow along with K&B book?
5. Please provide me some good mock exams that are close to the real exam. Do i have to buy a mock exam simulator.

As i am in touch of SCJP study material, i am planning to take the second attempt soon (may be in december)

Your suggestions will be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

arch rival
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sandeep, put it down, you passed that is excellent, don't worry about the score. I sell several products for passing the exam and I could say "buy my product and have another go as it will help you" (which it would). But taking it again is just not worth it. If you are interested in do more certifications go for the SCWCD (Servlets and JSP exam) or the business components exam (EJBs).

Passing the exam at all is a considerable achievement, particularly as the 1.5 exam is a little harder than the 1.4 exam. Pat yourself on the back and be pleased witha very considerable achievement. Contratulations on your success and your obvious ambition to do well.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I agree with Marcus. As a suggestion: Why not take SCJD (developer) where you will have to actually develop a gui-client-server application using Java 5.0? You can then take an upgrade certification for SCJP 6.0 (if and when it comes) later.

Will now move this to Sun Certified Results...

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sandeep it is better to move ahead and prepare for another certification then going for same certification again.If you would be failed then it was worth to appear again.i myself got low score in SCJP1.5 but i moved ahead compare to appearing for same certification again.in future if you feel that you want to appear for SCJP again then you can appear for new version.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Marcus Green posted November 03, 2006 02:20 AM

Pat yourself on the back and be pleased(...)

If you can't reach your back, I can help:

Pat!
Pat!
Pat!
Pat!

Yours,
Bu.

Please enjoy this holographic presentation of our apocalyptic dilemma right after this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic