• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Passed XML 141 !!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

I passed IBM XML141 - 72% on sunday. Not a great score but passed. Lots of XML Rendering tough questions - I had to do some guess work. Tons of scenario based questions. No XML Security questions, just 1/2 XLink, 1/2 SOAP,UDDI,WSDL questions. I used Whizlabs mock exams.
This exam definetly requires more reading than the others (SCJP,SCBCD).
Thanks to people here!

I am still living in non-digital age - I would like a hard copy of the certificate. Is this (certify@us.ibm.com) correct address to contact ? BTW, I haven't received even a soft copy yet. I only got the marksheet from the testing center.

Regards,
Rashmi

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Congradulations for passing the certification.
thanks for the inputs too..

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations for passing the tough exam.

You can request hard copy from certify@us.ibm.com. Only if u request will they send u a hard copy and a wallet sized certificate.

HTH
Dhiren

Rashmi Banthia
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you all!

--Rashmi

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
congrats!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congrats !!!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congrats Rashmi,

I am also now starting preparation for it.. Any Useful tip

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
"I would like a hard copy of the certificate."

I hope my post is not too old, but I just joined JavaRanch today. And it didn't seem like your comment above was answered yet. So....

If things are the same now as they were in Oct 2003, you should get a congratulatory email from "IBM Certification Program [ibmcert@us.ibm.com]". Inside that email will be a link to http://www.ibm.com/certify/process/fulfillment.shtml. From that site you will need to enter your fullfillment ID and Validation number from the congrats email. After a few days you should receive another email with a logo and a pdf of your certificate. I took the pdf to a print shop for a better quality paper and print, and also to laminated it.

The ironic part of the whole process is the congrats email from IBM stating "...take this opportunity to extend to you our personal congratulations...", and later in the same mail "...THIS WAS SENT BY A SERVICE MACHINE-PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS ID". Ahhh, nothing quite like that personal touch!

[ October 22, 2004: Message edited by: Kevin Conolly ]
[ October 22, 2004: Message edited by: Kevin Conolly ]

Rashmi Banthia
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for your response. I was thinking of starting a new thread.

I cleared IBM 141 on 3rd Oct, 2004. I received an email with fullfillment ID and Validation number. I did enter the same on the website (http://www.ibm.com/certify/process/fulfillment.shtml).

After this I wrote to certify@us.ibm.com requesting a hard copy. I got the response which basically says it would take 4 to 6 weeks for hard copy.

Now, to date I have not received any certificate - soft copy or hard copy.
Does receiving a softcopy also takes more than 3 weeks ? Or Am I just being impatient ? Do I need to write to them again.

Sandeep Singh: I don't have any new tip add. However, please keep in mind this exam is certainly quite different/difficult than SCJP/SCBCD. The old posts in this forum should help you a lot. After reading through lot of old post I concluded that XML Security is probably not there in exam or may be 1/2 question. No one mentioned getting XML Security question and even I did not. Good Luck!

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Rashmi
[ October 23, 2004: Message edited by: Rashmi Banthia ]

Hari Vignesh Padmanaban
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

After this I wrote to certify@us.ibm.com requesting a hard copy. I got the response which basically says it would take 4 to 6 weeks for hard copy.

Now, to date I have not received any certificate - soft copy or hard copy.
Does receiving a softcopy also takes more than 3 weeks ? Or Am I just being impatient ? Do I need to write to them again.

It does take 4-6 weeks for you to get the hard copy of the certificate !! :roll: .

To be very honest, I dont remember how exactly I got a softcopy

But I know for sure taht they sent me teh soft copy of teh certificate within 5-6 days after i completed teh certifcate !!!

So I figure that there is something wrong in your case and you should write to them again !!!

Hope this helps !!!

[ October 23, 2004: Message edited by: Hari Vignesh Padmanaban ]
[ October 23, 2004: Message edited by: Hari Vignesh Padmanaban ]

Kevin Conolly
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I receieved my soft copy in a few days so it does appear that something is not working properly in your case.

I am navigating around the IBM Certification site and it appears different from a year ago. I recall updating my account details on their site, but now I am re-directed to email Certify@us.ibm.com. Back in Oct 2003 the IBM mock exam was free, and now it is US $10. I also seem to have an IBM certify ID (which I can't find anywhere to use), plus an IBM training ID, as well as an IBM SpeedStart ID. How many IDs do I need for one company? Hhhhhhmmmmm....this is all looking a bit pear-shaped (not good) to me.

Sorry I can't add anymore advice but to keep nagging them. Best of luck with them.

It means our mission is in jeapordy! Quick, read this tiny ad!
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic