• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

business domain model

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I passed my SCEA part1 few weeks ago with 79% and I'm just starting on part2. This is really my first time trying to create an Architecture from a scratch. I'm just a little confused about the business domain model class diagram. Does each class in the business domain model display a business "Entity" which needs to be shown in the implementation class diagram? Is there a one to one relationship? I guess I need an example of building the actual business objects based upon the domain model.
Also, if there are any valuable resources for getting started on part2 then please let me know.

Thanks.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
You should buy Cade's book as it has a good case study. A lot of people have passed by basing their diagrams on Cade's. There's also a good case study in Sun's blueprints ('Pet Store').

Compare Cade's BDOM diagram on page 160 and his Class diagram on page 169. The Class diagram is an extension of the BDOM. In Cade's example class 'Manufacture' in the BDOM is dropped from the Class diagram and becomes an attibute of Product. This is because as you learn more about a project, you make changes. Generally, most classes in the BDOM will end up as entities in an Implementation class diagram, but maybe not all of them. You'll also notice more classes are added to the Class diagram that are not in the BDOM. This could be because they wasn't thought of originally, or they add workflow, or business logic rules (see the session beans Cade added).

In short, you'll get a lot out of Cades case study.

Ray

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic