• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Converting Rational Rose Diagrams to Images

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Any recommendations on the best approach to converting Rational Rose diagrams to GIF or JPG format for inclusion in the HTML submission? I started doing this yesterday and I lose a lot of resolution in the process. What I did was copy the diagrams to PowerPoint and then saved as GIF or JPG. The resulting image is pretty grainy and it is difficult to read the text. I tried using Courier font in the Rose diagrams and that improved the situation slightly but it is still pretty bad. Any ideas especially from someone who did their SCEA UML diagrams in Rose?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Matthew,
there are two options actually. After saving the images in a local folder, select all, right click and send to mail recipient. This opens the default outlook express and asks for a reduction in size of images. This reduces the size to a great extent and then you can save them back in your folder.

The second option is to open a typical editor(paint, photoeditor or adobe) and save the image as .png. When opening the saved image with IE, .png files won't be rendered as-in but size and resolution are both disturbed. However, if you keep the curser for a while on the image, an orange square displayed at the right end of the image appears. Clicking that restores the original size and resolution. I adopted this approach and mentioned the same in the context description section in my assumptions.html file.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Sankha Subhra das

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Matthew Nguyen:
Any recommendations on the best approach to converting Rational Rose diagrams to GIF or JPG format for inclusion in the HTML submission? I started doing this yesterday and I lose a lot of resolution in the process. What I did was copy the diagrams to PowerPoint and then saved as GIF or JPG. The resulting image is pretty grainy and it is difficult to read the text. I tried using Courier font in the Rose diagrams and that improved the situation slightly but it is still pretty bad. Any ideas especially from someone who did their SCEA UML diagrams in Rose?

Hi Matthew,

You can use Web Publisher in Rose (Tools-Web Publisher) to generate HTML-based UML model. Select JPEG as output format for images. After that, browse the generated subfolders for the images of diagrams. You can use MS Paint to change image type to GIF. Of course, the quality is decreased, but not very much, mostly the color scheme is affected but the picture & text are still good. Then embed the GIF images into your HTML pages.
I did that way in composing my deliverables. As I had a big number & complicated sequence diagrams, my jar was about 600K, but I didn't have any problem with uploading it.

Cheers,

Thang

See where your hand is? Not there. It's next to this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic