• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Certification accomplished!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Finally with a score of 85% I did it! My preparation was done mostly on already classic, and great, text "Head First". Moreover it could not be complete without the proper exercises and practical tests; for such test I used the Enthuware software: one test per day in the evening then, on the next day, I made analysis of the errors and a new test in the evening and then....
Anyway, even if you understand all of the Servlet JSP architecture, my biggest suggestion could be a very simple: memorize the web.xml, the Servlet and all the derived classes, the JspTag and the derived classses.
A practical and simple example of the this technique is to write down the Servlet class and its main methods then write down the GeneralServlet and ONLY its NEW main methods NOT the ones inerithed from the Servlet one; this kind of schema also give you a better understanding of the general architecture because it shows you WHERE and WHEN a method, or a class, appears.
What next? well I already submitted my Java Developer task and I am waiting for the second part of the exam but may be I will start to plan something out of Java like MySQL certification, before "attack" some other Sun Certifications

Still thanks to all of you
Maurizio

Sheriff
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congratulations

Ranch Hand
Tomcat Server Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Congrats ....

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Maurizio Nagni wrote:What next? well I already submitted my Java Developer task and I am waiting for the second part of the exam but may be I will start to plan something out of Java like MySQL certification, before "attack" some other Sun Certifications

Congrats. Did you pass MySQL exam? Please update us :-)

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic