• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

A Request to those who Passed SCJD

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Dear Friends
It is really shocking to hear that some people are taking the SCJP & SCJD exams for granted and asking for people who have passed the exams for their real source code .These people think that by just passing the SCJP & SCJD by unfair means they are assured of good job prospects .No doubt they may be able to get good jobs but they will not be able to stick on it for long .The SCJP /SCJD Exams are not just to enhance one's job prospects but should be seen as a tool for enrichring one's knowledge and skill in Java .I do agree that these exams are not a joke and one should prepare in depth to come out successful .But I think that why some people are having their doubts regarding their own capacity to complete the SCJD assignmnmet is that they do not know how to prepare for it in a very structured manner .Many assume that those who pass the SCJD to be Java Gurus and that they just sat before their computer and started typing the code .So I would humbly request those who passed the SCJD exams to write in detail how they prepared for the SCJD Exams , what are all the books they referred , how long it took to complete the assignmnmet , how much time they devoted each day , what was their knowledge of Java when they started and how much "genius"they were in Java at the time of starting the assignmnet and how much they "prespired" to complete the assignmnet .No doubt those who passed the SCJD gave a break up of their scores and how they tackled the assignment but I would humbly request them to also describe in detail how they prepared for this assignment and what are the fundamental questions one should ask oneself before deciding to take up the SCJD assignmnet .
I do believe that success does not come easily and here I quote the great Scientist Edison :
"Genius is 99 percent perespiration and 1 percent inspiration ".So those who have passed the SCJD kindly let the world know how much you have perspired so that others can draw inspiration from the same and honestly do the assignment without resorting to short cuts to pass the SCJD .
------------------
Krishna

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic