• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

tableModel+facade

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi mark
perhaps you could help me. I read in one of your posts where you used a facade on the client side.
i have also attempted a somewhat similar approach.
However i have also a table model class which communicates directly with the DataClient interface. Don't know if it looks right. Should it communicate with data through the facade.
My facade includes a method which returns a reference to the table model.
Thanks for being so generous with your time and suggestions.
tom

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

However i have also a table model class which communicates directly with the DataClient interface

So what you are saying is that your Table Model is tightly Coupled to your DataClient interface. Well, in some ways you need some kind of coupling. However, you could have it the other direction. Based on your quote above, I would assume that your TableModel class has a reference to your DataClient, and through that reference calls a method.
If that is so, I would say to redesign your TableModel. Try making a method on your table model accept as a parameter a DataInfo[] to display in the table, then your TableModel knows how to display these arrays, and then your can also have it pass it a FieldInfo[] and from that make up the Headings of the table.
Mark

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic