• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How long did it take to mark your assignment?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am currently waiting for my SCJD result and am interested in how quickly other people got theirs. Please post how long it took and when you submitted.

author and jackaroo
Mac IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Oracle C++ Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Steve,

I have seen all sorts of times mentioned here - anything from a couple of days through to people who had to wait 9 weeks (I think most people complain to Sun if it goes beyond 6 weeks - those who waited 8 weeks before complaining usually got a response within a week after that). There doesn't appear to be any logic to how long it will take - people from the same towns have had wildly different times.

I didnt expect my results for a few weeks, so the day after sitting my exam I took off for holidays with my girlfriend. Came back to find the results had already been posted to the website

Regards, Andrew

Steve Smith
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for the reply Andrew. I am almost up to 3 weeks waiting so far. Potentially still a while to go still then! Guess I will just have to be patient. 4 - 6 weeks doesn't sound like that long but it certainly seems like it when you are waiting.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Steve: I know you were seeking the experiences of people that have already received their results, so I'd initially refrained from responding to your post.

If it's any consolation, I've been waiting for just over two weeks now. I uploaded on 1/5 and testing on Friday the 6. I thought the Prometric doc I received at the completion of my exam said 2-4 weeks was typical, but I have read elsewhere that it's 4-6. You're right - it doesn't seem long until you're actually waiting!

And BTW, sorry you guys lost to the Seahawks yesterday.

Steve Smith
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Steve Baranski:
Hi Steve: I know you were seeking the experiences of people that have already received their results, so I'd initially refrained from responding to your post.

If it's any consolation, I've been waiting for just over two weeks now. I uploaded on 1/5 and testing on Friday the 6. I thought the Prometric doc I received at the completion of my exam said 2-4 weeks was typical, but I have read elsewhere that it's 4-6. You're right - it doesn't seem long until you're actually waiting!

And BTW, sorry you guys lost to the Seahawks yesterday.

It's good to know I'm not the only one feeling like that! I think the best thing to do is just try to forget about it. I'm going to try to limit myself to checking the results page at most twice a day. Good luck with the results and let us know when you get them!

Steve Smith
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
My results are now up (I passed ). Sun took about 4 weeks to mark it.
[ January 30, 2006: Message edited by: Steve Smith ]

Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of tiny ads!
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic