• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCJD/SCWCD Plan

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I'm studying for the SCWCD (there is a lot of noise in my cubicle so I'm doing it at home), but my company let me study during work hours and I have a few time to dedicate to other thing, I was thinking in start developing the SCJD assignment, does someone is doing this?, as far as i know both cert have different styles so I don't see any problem but what do you think?

Also I want to do it by this year so how much work hours will it take?, I saw the faq and it says 3 weeks of 40 hours but in sun's faq it says a fast programmer can do it in 20 hours, any thoughts?

And yes i know about the mythical person month, just put an estimate if you want.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Oscar,
SCJD and SCWCD are two different things (tech. and design & programming). It depends upon someone's capability to finish SCJD in 20 hours or 120 hours. My experience with SCJD is that it's a time taking task. If you are using SCWCD related technologies at your work then it should be quite easy for you.

Good luck!

Shafique

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Oscar,

In my opinion to study for a certifcaton partly SCWCD is earsier to achieve than SCJD.

The reason is for the programming part, you have to stick to the topic. A book to study can you lay on the table, grap it in the evening, at the weekend and read further.

With programming it is not so easy.

Listen. That's my theme music. That's how I know I'm a super hero. That, and this tiny ad told me:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic