• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

object confusion

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
this is rather a stupid question, but please someone help me. my confusion is what does the object contain off. As far as i know it contains instance variable but does it contain methods defined in the class, and it ojb do not contain methods then why are they called instance methods. Does object act on method or the method act on the obj. my theory is "when the class loads the methods act on the object" . Please someone explain with a simple example. Please some help and it is greatly appreciated.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
objects contains the reference to the class whose (instance)object it is and the object thus direct the control to the desired class`s method.the object in a sense we can say contains the method in the class because the object actually contain the reference to the method and thus we can say that an object contains the method.about the object or method acting on whom the question is loittle dicy because actually the object shows the path to the method and delivers the parameters passed in the method call to the method so rest is juglery of words.
for examples you can see my profile and mail me for furthur enq.
you and everyone else are welcome.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic