• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

How do I prepare my mind?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,
I'll be taking the exam on the 9th. And I am interested in hearing from people on how they prepared for it in the last day or two. Did you guys study exaustivley, cramming things into your mind, or just relax and not study much? I'd like to hear your opinions or ideas of how to prepare for the exam. Also I'm not sure if I am ready? I got 60, 65, and 65 on Marcus' tests', respectively. I feel confident and understand why i miss the problems. Whatya think?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
HEY MILIND,
Nice to see some gujju here........ Yu would be prefect, I have also been preparing for the exams very extensively, Go through the discussion of mahaanna. They r excellent. Something which yu would never find in any books........ believe me.. and try answering the question on this forum... If yu can understand those things, I am sure yu would score well....
Hope to read your posting when yu pass....... Good luck.... Just relax.....
SHALINI

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Milan
You might have read on the postings that people usually tend to get nearly the same percentage as they get on the Marcus exams and so your score should be in the range of what you got in these exams..but remember that these exams still more or less reflect the pattern of the old exam and the new exam tends to be more code intensive,if you feel that you are confident enough to take the exam then only go for it..or otherwise postpone the exam practice some more mocks and then take it...
Surya

Corbin Dallas
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for the good advice guys

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You asked about preparing the mind. I started taking a nutritional supplement called Brain Elevate (made by Earth
Organics) which is comprised of Huperzine, L-Glutamine and
Ginkgo Biloba Extract. These incredients a known to support and nourish cerebral functions (synapses). I'm not big into herbs and vitamins, but I've noticed a distinct improvement in my short term memory and I also think that I'm retrieving things faster.
You should also do some running (or whatever cardio workout you like) as this will not only increase oxygen to the brain, but it
will also take some of the brains attention off of the body.
Lastly, I find that meditating for 20 minutes a day reduces some of the mental clutter that gets in the way. Frequent sex (no joke) also seems to have the same effect.
Good luck

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Milan
I dont mean to discourage you, but if you are scoring 60-65 in Marcus mocks, IMO you are cutting it fine.
Are your thorough in the FAQ available on the Ranch, That should help you through all fundamental questions. Anil Bachi's tutorial on strings will get you through all string questions. Threads you should be comfortable with the idea of how it works.
I/O just go thro all the constructors.
Very important, dont let your adrenalin pump up. You can't waste time. I drew a blank for the first 15 minutes. Some deep breaths might help, although it didnt help me.
If I were you I would try to score at least 75 to be on the safer side. It hurts if you have to do it a second time.
Weigh the Pros and Cons unless you are in a real hurry.
GOOD LUCK anyway.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Have lots of sex and passing SCJP too? hahahahaha it's a beautiful world!

Corbin Dallas
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I WILL DEFINATELY DO THE CARDIO THING, THANK YOU FOR THE SUGGESTIONS.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic