• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Cattle Drive bug?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi...!
I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but this has happened to me too many times already! I take the rules roundup test and after i've finished taking the 3 rounds, and viewed the right answers, the button displayed is "next answer" and on click of this, I get the start of a new test partly displayed over the results of my last one, and no way to navigate out of it!
How do i restart the test without having to retake the older questions again?
Also, could you tell me how frequently the questions in the rule roundup changes coz i try and come back to it everyday, and i have to retake the same questions.. with a couple of new ones...?? I'm guessing that you have one pool of questions from where the choice is made, but does it eliminate questions already taken?
Its a great applet tho... Really appreciate your efforts! and Thanks for the game/learning experience...!!!

Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Did you try the new Beta game?

Supriya Vaidya
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yup...! On the New Round button, the browser (again, sometimes - i was able to complete 3 rounds before this happened...) displayed just the cows and the pen... no questions, no buttons...!!!
Also, how frequently do the questions in the pool change? I tried this on Wednesday, and then again on Friday.... I got the same set of questions, just in random order, AND the answers in a different order too...
Thanks for the response!

Marilyn de Queiroz
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hmmmm. I couldn't duplicate that problem with the beta game. Which browser are you using? Which OS? (i.e. Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000).

I'll check into the randomness of the sets of questions.

Supriya Vaidya
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
good example... that's exactly it! IE 6 on Windows 2000... I didn't try this on Netscape - didn't think it would be an issue... Thanks!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic