• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

how to build web services using Axis

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Members
I am developing a scenario where retailer and supplier exchange information using Web Services. Axis is the soap engine used and tomcat is the container. I intend to demonstrate both models jax rpc (inventory enquiry) and the jaxm (or saaj) for (placing orders).

My problem is: I found a lot of information (google + few books) but all the samples are based mainly on jwsdp (or web sphere etc...) but not axis, on how to build and deploy web services. I started with Axis documentation but I found it not enough.
When it come to Axis I have not found a good example to show all the steps (and why?) to build and consume web services using RPC and Messages.
I would really appreciate if any one had already developed a WS using Axis, could advise me or provide me with a good references with sample code.
Many thanks
Ami

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
The Axis distribution comes with some 20 examples -- have you checked those out?
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic