• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Couple of questions on Axis and web services

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I have couple of questions and issues(all togather), which I got while I was exploring Apache Axis 1.4.

Before I go for the questions, let me confirm my understanding,
- Web services or services can be invoked or called by two ways one of them is by using the JAX-RPC way and other by SOAP. I was able to get the difference between them after couple of examples.
- Axis provides way for both of these implementations, however the Java2WSDL and WSDL2Java code creation tools are much inclined towards JAX-RPC based calls, rather than SOAP message based calls

Correct my understanding if I am wrong...I feel its to be corrected :-)

Now coming to my issues,

I am trying to implement a SOAP call to a service.The actual issue I am facing is, the request SOAP message goes to the server in full and it gets printed in tomcat console as full message. However, in the client I am able to get only partial message. I am unable to understand why its a problem.

Now my question is,

What is the difference between MessageContext objects getRequestMessage(), setRequestMessage(), getResponseMessage(), setResponseMessage() usage and Connection object's call method return in terms of response.

To explain better,
I am making a SOAP call in my client as follows,

and my Impl class is as follows,

You may notice that, I am getting the request message from the MessageContext, so whats the need of passing the message object in call. In same way, I am returning a null in the Impl class but setting a response message in context, which I am able to get in client(partially). I am very much confused here

It would be great, if you could help me get answers for these questions and solve my confusions.

Thanks,
Jade

The moth suit and wings road is much more exciting than taxes. Or this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic