• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

network functionality issues - Ericsson / T-Mobile

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Is anyone successfully using networked fucntionality (we're trying HTTP POST functionality) on T-Mobile's network from an Ericsson T610, T616 and/or Z600? In recent talks with Handango, I was told that they are having distribution problems with software for these phones on T-Mobile's network.
From Handango Support

There is a known issue where all J2ME downloads will fail on the T610 and Z600 devices using T-Mobile. Downloads to phones in which the OTA transfer is done via T-Mobile's network (ie. customers with T-Mobile service) - works fine on all J2ME devices with the exception of T610 and Z600.
Please verify which carrier he used and if he can reproduce the same using AT&T. This is a still a bug that appears to be network specific and not anything stemming from our end.

I'm not sure if it is related or not, but we are finding that these same phone models are having problems incorporating our network functionality (HTTP POST) that is working great on other models and carriers.
Is anyone having a similar experience? If someone has successuflly tested their networked funtionality on these devices with T-Mobile, could you please let me know if there was something special that was needed to accomplish this or could you share a sample of your working network code?
Thanks so much!

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic