• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Marcus Green Mock exams.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I posted this here because the email I sent to you (Marcus) was returned. (email off your website). An the 'mock exam' section of this site is fairly inactive.
Marcus: your exams are extremely helpful, as well as the answers. Thanks!
secondly: a question about your exams in general. In the Sun exams, they tell you how many answers are right, whereas yours just tell you to select and you're left up to figure out how many are right on your own.
Is this meant to make it more difficult and therefore boost confidence for the exam?
Or are your questions meant to be answered unknowing how many answers are right?
(ie if i went through the answer section and marked which ones have 2 right answers or 3 right answers... would I be giving myself a great advantage? Or would that be making this exam more similar to the Sun exams?).
Thanks a bunch!
Brett
ps. maybe your email was down temporarily? The email I used was the one off your exam#1 page.

arch rival
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for the question Brett, my site is chock full of broken email links, but this way more people get to find out about this question

It is a mixture of history, idleness and a feature that results in me not giving the number of correct options. It was only about a year ago that Sun started to give the correct no of options to the questions and I knew that at that time the results people got on my exam were very close to those they got on the real thing.
So I figured it was better if mine was possibly a little harder than the real thing so people were not dissapointed when they sat down for the real Sun exam. And of course it was a little bit more work I could avoid doing.
My site has appeared very static for a while now but I have been working like crazy on some new ideas, and constantly tweaking teeny tiny things. Like gradually making the pages pass the wc3 HTML tests to ensure they will render on just about any browser.
Really must fix those email links. Good luck with the studies.
Marcus

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

my site is chock full of broken email links

Is that pesky Penguin eating your links again?
You know, if you are using Servlets or JSP, you should make an error page which is just a picture of that Penguin, so when you get a 404 error or any other, bam, there's that Penguin again.
Mark

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic