• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Mock Exams

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
So I think I am getting closer to be able to pass the exam, but can't really tell right now. My scores on the mock exams are pretty erratic 50-85% range. I want to wait till I am pretty sure that I'm ready to take Marcus Green's exams.
So my question is what other exams do people feel match Sun's level of difficulty/trickiness the best. It seems to me that some mock exams I have taken are straight forward and others seem to be written in order to trick you.
One more question on the actual exam will the words "pick all that apply" or "pick the best answer" be there? And what percentage of "pick all that apply" questions are there.
Thanks!
-John Towell

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hello,
in the real exam,they specify the number of correct choices,so you don't have to worry for the " pick all that apply" , since by knowing the number of correct choices to be selected,the task become little bit easier.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
IMHO the Marcus Green exams matches "Sun's level of difficulty/trickiness".
All the best.

arch rival
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
There is a link at the top of my exams that takes you to the ste of some folks who record the scores people get when they take the real thing, my exams and their own (very good) commercial exam sim. Check it out.
Marcus

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
John,
I agree that Marcus Green's Exams are the gold standard for predicting your performance on the real exam. In contrast, the score that you get on my exam will not correlate in any way to the real exam for at least two reasons. First, my exam does not yet cover all of the material. Second, the feedback that I have received (including your email) suggests that my questions are very difficult.
The value of my exam web site is the topic specific exams that can be used as a study tool as you work through any study guide chapter-by-chapter. For example, after reading a chapter that covers inheritance, then take my mock exam on that particular topic. Your score will probably be low, but you can learn from reading the explanations of each answer and by using the links to reference materials and by posting questions here.
It appears that you had already completed the study process and then you used my exam to measure your level of preparedness for the real exam. I will be the first to confess that I would have also scored poorly on my exam if I had done the same. I know that to be true because that is basically the point in time when I started developing the test programs that are now the questions for my exam. I had already completed one of the study guides and I was scoring well on mock exams that I found on the web, but I realized that I was still having some problems with some of the concepts. I then started reading the JLS and then I wrote some test programs to confirm what I had learned. I was often surprised by the results. After I had a large collection of those programs, I decided to make them available on the web as a mock exam. Although I believe that my exam is a very good study tool, it should not be used to measure your level of preparedness for the real exam.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Any question with "pick all that apply" is a non
conforming question. For multiple choice
answers, you will be told how many answers to
pick ( that change took effect October 4, 2000 ).
For an asessment on being "close to the real
thing" take a look at the customer comments at:
http://www.enterprisedeveloper.com/jcertify
Regards,
Dave

This. Exactly this. This is what my therapist has been talking about. And now with a tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic