• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Sending E-Mail through an Applet

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All, I have been trying to send an E-Mail through an applet for quite sometime now but haven't been quite successful. I have downloaded and tested quite a bit of code but none of them have worked successfully. I have been getting an "Unable to connect to host exception". Using the same code as an application however, the mail is sent successfully. Where am i going wrong? What is the solution? I am working on an urgent project, any solution at the earliest would be highly appreciated.
Thanks is advance
regards
vijayan.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
An applet can never connect to a machine other than from which it is loaded.So in your case while sending the mail, it tres to connect to the mail host, and gives the exception. I suggest you to send the request to servlet through your appplet and your servlet should send the email to the mail host.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic