• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Junior Level Job

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I am new to these BBs. I am not sure if this is the right forum to post my question .
I am in my final year of MCA in Hyderabad, India and I'll complete it by May 2002. I don't have a job as of now and don't see any prospects of findng one in the near future.
I want to have advice from u gurus as to what to now,....should I take courses or take certifications or go for Masters in Cs to US??
I have 2 yeras part time work experienece working with C, Vb and Oracle. I studied Java, Cobol, C++, UNIX etc in school during MCA.
Which courses or certifications would be good for me to get me a junior level s/w job after my school in May??
If u guys know of any companies recruting people, I very much apprecaite if u can send me contact Info.
I am sorry for the lenghty post, but I am really clueless...
Thanks in advance,
Krishna
[ March 02, 2002: Message edited by: Krishna Reddy ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Krishna,
Everybody is clueless in this present job market buddy. As for entry-level jobs, atleast here in US i think its a remote possibility now.
I was wondering how is the job market in India. I heard a lot many companies are hiring now, as much of development work is being out-sourced to India on account of lower cost.
Doing a MS is definetly a good option....if not now in another 2 yrs when the market stabilizes u stand a real good chance.
Rajesh

Krishna Reddy
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I very much appreciate if the gurus out here can help me some sugestions. Which courses or certifications would be good for me.
Thanks,
Krishna

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'm not sure I understand all of the complexities of coming to the United States from India to pursue a M.S. in Computer Science.
If you have the credentials to go to a big-time graduate school you should take advantage of it. U.S. News and World Report doesn't have a specific ranking for CS Graduate Schools, but the Computer Engineering ranking is a list of great schools for research oriented MSCS people.
US News & World Report Rankings - Grad School - Computer Engineering
If you have a way to finance a MSCS it is a very good investment in yourself.
Good Luck

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic