• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Power Failure

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am working on a project where i keep track of all active time. I want to allow any user to access something for some predefined amount of time. For example 10 min. So his session is valid for 10 min. During this time he can click anywhere and access the resources. If he closes the window/logout after 5 min. He can access the resources any time for remaining five minutes.
But how to know if the user could not access the site because of poweer failure. how to invalidate his session. and keep active time recorded.
I m throwing this questions for the "Masters of java" and waiting for +ve reply.
Jit
[ December 24, 2002: Message edited by: Jitendra Patil ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hey,
in case i understood your question...
what you have to do is to run setMaxInactiveInterval(600)
on your session. every jsp page has first of all to check if the user session is valid. if not- it's your choice what to do...
in any case your server cannot know if the user had an electricity problem. so, i don't know how to deal with this stuff...

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic