• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Refresh jsp page

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi...
i have this jsp page which shows rows of data based on a given condition. Now every time a new record comes, inorder to see the new record the user has to refresh the page manually. Is there any way how i can refresh the page (programmatically)..say like every 15 seconds so that the user always see's the lastest update and then need not refresh the page again and again. ??
for example .. i'm showing on problem.jsp the lastest problems that have been reported .. and problems are reported by the user very frequently ..say every 15-20 seconds a new problem is reported by the user. Now on this problem.jsp page inorder to see the lastest problem which has been reported by the user we will have to refresh the page manually. What i want to do is that the page should automatically be refreshed after every 15 seconds so that the latest problems are also displayed..!
Any suggestions...

Mehak Darti
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
yeh my problem is solved .. found the answer in the javascript section of this web site... man this web site is great..!!!
Thanxssss to all..!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
in your jsp file
<%response.setIntHeader("Refresh",15); %>

Originally posted by Mehak Darti:
hi...
i have this jsp page which shows rows of data based on a given condition. Now every time a new record comes, inorder to see the new record the user has to refresh the page manually. Is there any way how i can refresh the page (programmatically)..say like every 15 seconds so that the user always see's the lastest update and then need not refresh the page again and again. ??
for example .. i'm showing on problem.jsp the lastest problems that have been reported .. and problems are reported by the user very frequently ..say every 15-20 seconds a new problem is reported by the user. Now on this problem.jsp page inorder to see the lastest problem which has been reported by the user we will have to refresh the page manually. What i want to do is that the page should automatically be refreshed after every 15 seconds so that the latest problems are also displayed..!
Any suggestions...

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic